Daughters of the American Revolution Memorial

A Brief History:

In 1789 David Whitehill donated a site for a Presbyterian church and cemetery. A church was erected on that site in 1794 on the north side of the present cemetery. A fire destroyed the structure in April 1847. In the 1870’s the church moved to a newly erected building, and its present location, in the town of Lemont. In 1961 the cemetery split from the Spring Creek Presbyterian Church of Lemont. It has since been operated as an independent nonprofit cemetery.


Throughout its history the cemetery has also been known as:
Spring Creek Presbyterian Cemetery
Spring Creek Cemetery
Branch Cemetery
Slab Cabin Cemetery
Reference: The Cemeteries Of College Township
Centre County Pennsylvania
Publication of the Centre County Genealogical Society – Revised 1995